Sunday, July 17, 2011

The End of the Line

Tommy had another farrier appointment on Friday the 15th.  The remaining piece of hoof wall from the hole came off this time.  It's been wiggly and jiggly for a couple of weeks now, so I'm just glad we made it to his appointment with hoof and shoes intact.


The hoof has almost fully grown back in.  Still a bit of blood and bruising, and the thrush is still there despite 3x weekly injections into the heels and under the pads.



In this photo you can clearly see the lack of hoof wall from just behind the first nail all the way around to his heel.  I took this picture before the gap was packed with Magic Cushion.  I love Magic Cushion, but more on that another day.

Do you remember the beginning?  I can't believe how far we've come.  





The End of the Line...I can almost see it!  Can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment