Monday, October 17, 2011

American Competitive Trail Horse Association - Our Newest Challenge!

The Saddle Up for the Cure ride is successfully behind us, and I am looking for something else to do.  I love having a goal.  I love that I feel like I can have a goal.  I'm keeping it real.  We're not going to go ride the Tevis Cup next year;


DuncanCougarRock2009.jpg


But look what I found:  American Competitive Trail Horse Assoc.  You know who could do this?


There is a ride on October 22nd and 23rd at Wallace Horse Farm in Martinsville Indiana which is about an hour and a half from me.  It looks like it's a 6 or 7 mile trail with the about the same number of obstacles, with a ride length of about 2 hours.

I'm intrigued.

I checked out the list of possible obstacles - there are quite a few of them!

Some things we couldn't do (jumping, cantering circles, etc.) but I think we could do a lot of them with some practice.  I'm not sure how easily I'd be able to pick something up from him.  Tommy's so tall I may need a grabber:


1890.jpg


Best of all my little co-pilot could come along!



I sent an email to the ride organizer last week to see if we'd have to ride both days (No) and if we'd be able to haul in the morning of the ride instead of camping (Yes).  Because I'm not a camper.  At least I'm not camping in a tent in October in Ohio.  I might be a camper if I had this:

cimnew.jpg


Nothing says I'm not roughing it quite like a trailer with living quarters.  That looks big enough for Tom and I!

I'm excited about this possibility!  The only possible conflict could be the boys soccer tournaments.  Would I be a bad Mom if I hope they don't win the first round???

No comments:

Post a Comment