The entire month of May was an ongoing round of infection in Tommy's hoof. Normally I can get in front of it with an aggressive treatment plan, but this time it was just about impossible. We went through round after round of CleanTrax, partial/straight bleach soaks, and packing with antibiotics. Nothing was working though. Every day I'd take the wrap off and we'd still have smelly drainage. We tried leaving the wrap off to see if that would dry it up this time, but that didn't work either.
Finally we started a new antibiotic called Tucoprim, and that cleared it up. Temporarily.
The only piece of good news is that I can tell a difference with the Pergoglyde. It doesn't do anything for his hoof or ringbone, but he is not sweating excessively and covered with salt crystals the way he was in last summer's heat. It's a good thing too, because this summer has been a killer!