Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It's not an Abscess....

Hello Handsome.  

You look a little worried.  What's behind you?


Hmmmm.  What is that green thing?


Is that steam rising out of it?  It IS!  It's liquid nitrogen my dear, and your hoof is about to be very, very, verrry cold!

Here comes Dr. A with a little injection.  Oh, who am I kidding.  It's a BIG injection; and you get one on both sides of your leg.


Now that you're all numbed up it's time to start cutting out the Canker.


I'm jealous.


I wish I had a vet tech at home to hold the light for me.


See how handy it is?  The Canker is all cleared out now.


Time to put the medicine in the hole.  It's a mixture of two things, whose names are escaping me at the moment.  I know the little white pills were the same things we smashed up and mixed up for the abscess back in the spring.  I hope it works this time too.




All done!  See, that wasn't so bad.


And don't we have a great vet and farrier?  Dr. A and Mark never whine about having their pictures taken, or roll their eyes, or make little snide comments.  And they hold the hoof and pose when needed.  Thanks guys; you're the best!

1 comment: